To be, or not to be...


Yeah yeah. I know, I stole it from Shakespeare (don’t we all), but hey, it seems fitting. So this blog is a free space, anyone is free to comment on anything, seek advice and give advice. So let us know what’s on your mind. We don’t promise to be able to solve all your problems, but we’re willing to help as much as we can. The thing is, we’re young adults too…so we are pretty much in the same boat as you all are. So there will be times when we need advice too, and right now, I’m in the need of some sound advice… (reasonable and objective of course).
The problem is that I’m in a long distance relationship. Yes, I left the boyfriend behind at home to come half way across the country and get educated. Our only means of communication are phone calls and emails (no mxit since my phone broke down and I am now stuck with an outdated brick which passes for a phone haha!). We only get to see each other during holidays (like four times a year!). And above that, I feel like we’re different people. I used to think I could trust him, but now I’m not so sure… I know he loves me and that he cares, but at times I just feel that he doesn’t understand me. There are moments when I feel like an airhead when we talk and I feel that he doesn’t take me seriously (though I am quite the clown). He completely irritates me and angers me and then there are times when he is the only thing on my mind, and just the sound of his voice creates a feeling of euphoria within me, and all seems right with the world…
I’m completely lost and confused. I’m so unsure about everything and I don’t know what to do. Right now I’m in utter turmoil, yet I feel like the villain in this situation…I’m sure I’m not alone but it feels like I am , so if there’s anyone who could offer any sort of advice or help, it would be much appreciated. Or maybe we could wallow in self pity together…
Yours in love, hate, and confusion…
Daemon

 

3 Responses to To be, or not to be...

  1. Bridgexxx Says:
    Wow - Your blog post, reminded me of how I left home in January, thinking Rhodes was the answer to all my dreams. Even with a relationship in progress it didn't matter, because we could make it work!!! Well firstly I commend you on lasting this long, and not because I think I distance is particularly difficult or that you feel heavily 'tempted' at Rhodes. But because of the communication issues you suddenly face. Everything that was so perfect between the two of you before suddenly feels like it is lost in 10 hours of abyss. Things are said, then misunderstood, misheard, misinterpreted and you just don't understand why or how to fix it! Especially with the feelings of anxiety and pressure that comes with this new, exciting adventure. You asked for advice, mine would be take the time to truly listen to one another. And if its special don't ever loose touch of one another, Talk to your friends about it and don't be afraid to cry! Make the most of your time together when you can. Most importantly when you are unhappy and getting hurt, say good-bye and let go! Don't hold onto something that will take a piece of your soul. Your Happiness is the most important thing

    Bridge xxx
    http://gspotinformer.blogspot.com/2008/09/letter-to-me.html
  2. demon Says:
    yeah guess you really confused and maybe u ryt he dont undastand you but im sure he has taken the time to try and do that but bet he feels like he undastands and at times feels a complete idiot for thins dat he does that hurt you and angers you but thats a relationship things happen impulsively but the thing is to get through everything together its possible bet its happend throughout ur relationship wer you thought things wer completly over but some url got through it together and url can do it again but hey really i dont know ges it upta you...one things for sure i know he feels exactly like you...u the only person that can make him smile(from cape to cairo..other paople do make him smile but its not the same) n then with the blink of an eye anger him sometimes he feels like you got some kind of hold over him and yet he hasnt run hasnt even thought of ending things..he feels like url can get through everything and loves ypo with all his heart...just do what makes you happy
  3. Irene Boshoff Says:
    When I read your blog spot, so many feelings came to me and reminded me of the time I was leaving my life in Cape Town to come to Rhodes University. I was terrified that through my absence back home, everything would start to change and I would lose my friends, family and yes, my boyfriend. I have realised this far that not everything has to change because you are not constantly around. These people who mean so much to you will not leave you or treat you any differently. I have learnt that through missing the ones closest to you, you only start to appreciate them more and more. So don't let your mind run away with you. Take each day as it comes and everything will be okay!

    Love Irene
    xx
    http://www.b4thecurtainfalls.blogspot.com